Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine Card Week: Robot Valentines

Things are pretty busy at our house. Do you want to see our new Home Decor?


We are covered in Girl Scout Cookie boxes! We started selling cookies on Sunday, and we will be covered in boxes for the next month and a half. That's what I get for being the cookie mom.

I am going to try and ignore my cookie duties for a few minutes and focus on Valentines Cards. Today we are making Robot Valentines. I started with these supplies:


I created a document on the computer to make a flag for some Valentine pencils. Flag pencils were one of my first posts.

These cute Robot pencils are from the Dollar section at Target. They were the things that sparked the idea of my Robot theme. I used the same font and wording from my Robot Mugs and added a Bible Verse since these will be given out to my little guys at AWANA.


I cut my paper into strips and covered the back with glue from a glue stick.


I wrapped my paper strip around my pencil and pressed together.


The nice thing about using a glue stick is that you can adjust your paper to make sure it is lined up correctly. It is a pretty forgiving adhesive...and inexpensive.


I trimmed off the excess paper and then cut a horizontal slit in the end of the flag.


I made cuts from the edge of the flag to the top of the horizontal slit. This created a decorative edge.


Look how cute they are! You can see the Valentine Card in the background. I cut 4x6 pieces of paper and stamped a Robot image in the center of the page. I kept the same Robot used on the mug to keep things coordinated. I mounted this piece of paper onto a red piece of cardstock that was 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 inches.


I wanted to add a little bit of Love to this card. I had a sheet of red heart stickers from a pack of Valentines, that I covered with glue.


I sprinkled glitter onto the glue to make it a bit more eye catching. I didn't want to make it to Lovey Dovey for these little guys, so I kept it simple.


I filled the treat bags with some Hershey Kisses and tied it off with a piece of ribbon.


I can't get enough of these guys!

Don't forget to head over to Friday's post for a chance to enter my Valentine Giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. The card making act is very beautiful and sensible, i like this act and want to make a card in our homes , i thanks to you that you share trick me this cards.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi