Monday, April 23, 2012

Teacher Appreciation Week: Class Memory Book

Today I am going to show you one of the EASIEST gifts you could put together for your child's Teacher. This does require a little bit of planning, but the work is done at home by each child...a Class Memory Book.

I sent home a sheet of paper and instructions with each child in our class. They were told to write a note to the Teacher and to decorate the page however they would like. I gave them a due date and sent them on their way. I did not get them all returned in time...so give yourself a bit of wiggle room. Or, just be prepared that some kids will have to add theirs to the book later.

Our whole week of gifts last year was coordinated in black, white, red and apple green. So in keeping with the color pallet I created this book:


I purchased a plain red scrapbook and stamped the details on with Staz On Jet Black Ink. This ink will basically stamp on anything. Really...anything. And of course what crown is complete without some jewels, so I added some rhinestones with a bit of glue. I wouldn't have chosen to put the crown on the top but a slip of a stamp had left a stray black mark that would not come off. See I told you that ink really worked! Instead of starting completely over, I added the extra crown to cover up the mistake. It's not my favorite look, but it worked.

The inside was my favorite part of the project!


Some of the kids really took their time and created beautiful pages. The letters they wrote to their teacher were so sweet...they were real treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi