Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ikea Teachers Round Boxes

Instead of presenting our gifts to our Teacher in a gift bag that would be thrown away or maybe used for another gift...we made our "gift bag" a gift itself. I found a set of stacking round boxes at Ikea.

I will admit, I didn't see the same boxes when I was there this week. However, the ones they have this year are even better. They wouldn't have matched with our color scheme we were using last year, but they have the same idea covered in Navy Blue burlap. NAVY BLUE BURLAP...I am in LOVE. I am just trying to figure out what I need them for...well, besides "just because."

All I did was take the boxes and stamp our Teachers name on one and the grade she teaches on the other with acrylic paint and foam stamps. Not a big deal, but it makes the gift personal and unique. Just like Mrs. Marston...she deals with each child on such a personal level, which definitely makes her unique! I figured it would be a good storage place for stickers, stamps, notecards or even little treats once our gifts were being used. Look how cute they turned out:


Inside each box is where we nestled little gifts:


What creative "gift bag" idea can you use for the Teacher in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi