Friday, April 13, 2012

Crown Magnet Board

I have developed a serious love for magnetic boards. I love the look of the metal sheeting...so simple and clean. It is so in right now with all the kitchens across America being converted to stainless steel appliances over the last few years. I have made tiny framed magnetic boards to hold one single photo and everything in between, up to the huge one in our kitchen that holds tons and tons of artwork.

One of the best things about the project is how reasonably priced it is. I believe the last time I bought a BIG 4 foot by 6 foot piece of metal sheeting it was $20. I usually can get several large boards from one piece...even when I made the huge board. I use whatever cool frame I can find at a Thrift Shop or Yard Sale. I look for a cool shape and don't worry about the color or finish. Spray paint will solve any issues with the existing color.

The frame I used for this project was only $2 at a Yard Sale because it didn't have the glass. That's ok because I wasn't planing on using the glass! It is pretty large too, 21 inches wide and 25 inches tall...not bad for $2! The frame was already white, but had some marks on it, so I did give it a quick coat of RustOleum Heirloom White. Look how cute it turned out...


I love it! Clean and simple, yet with a touch of girliness. The crown hook is meant to be attached to the wall. I attached it to my frame with some E-6000 adhesive.


I can't get over how much I love the crown on here! I was given a few of these from a friend who was cleaning out her craft area...lucky me! I did find a very similar product this weekend at Hobby Lobby (Oh Hobby Lobby how I love you!) so it would be very easy to duplicate this project. Or if you are like me and you aren't lucky enough to have a Hobby Lobby close by, I have found them online doing a Google search for "metal crown hangers."

I am surprised at how much use the hook gets. It seems to always be holding a few necklaces of my daughters. It definitely finished off this project and makes it unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi