Thursday, May 24, 2012

Trash to Treasure Patio Furniture

This is one of those projects that makes you feel like the world's WORST blogger. I know I took pictures of these chairs. I know I did. I can't however find a single one of them. Not one.

This project started out with a phone call from my friend Kara, who had a wicker table she had picked up from a neighbor. She wanted to know if I would be interested in painting it. Me? Paint something? Of course! I have a neighbor how walked by yesterday and wanted to know if there was possibly anything left for me to paint. Yep...I paint A LOT.

The little table sat in my front yard for one day, before I got another call. One day!

This call was from my friend Tandee. She had just found 4 wicker chairs that a neighbor was throwing out and she wanted to know if I wanted 2 of them. I figured they had to be in pretty decent shape for her to be so excited about them...and I knew I had a wicker table in my yard already...

The table started out pink...and not a cool hot pink. The chairs were originally a dark stained brown that had faded from the sun. REALLY faded. And despite being a terrible blogger and not having my pictures, I have pictures for you.


Huh? Remember the great friend Tandee? She has the other two chairs at her house and promised not to paint them until I could get some pics for my blog. So I ran right over this afternoon to get some quick shots.


These chairs have definitely seen better days. However, the structure was solid and they just needed some cosmetic work. I decided to snip off all of the unraveling wicker and leave the legs more streamlined. This also gave me wicker to use to repair other areas like these arms...


Yikes! I glued pieces of wicker across the areas that were missing them. Once it was painted, I was assuming you wouldn't be able to tell it was patched. Then I gave them each a good spray of Rust-Oleum gray Primer, followed by a coat of Rust-Oleum Dual Coverage Glossy Black. Just look...


Would you ever have thought they had all been pieces salvaged from the trash?? A couple cans of spray paint and a $30 pack of cushions from Home Goods...they look like a million bucks!


Do you know how awesome it is to have friends who look out for your crafting needs? Seriously, those are some GREAT friends! Thanks Kara and Tandee!!



6 comments:

  1. Those look really good!
    It is great to have friends like you have.

    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Friends, Great Finds, Awesome Re-Do !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely- great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really good! I found some wicker the other day at goodwill and didn't buy them. I'm still kicking myself!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow ! I love these designs they are amazing :) Especially the black color.They look perfect in my garden.


    http://aphrochic.blogspot.com/2012/03/design-trend-hot-pink-sofa.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow ! I love these designs they are amazing :) Especially the black color.They look perfect in my garden.

    Comfycouchco

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi