Thursday, October 20, 2011

Thursday Treasures

Thursday in my town is probably the greatest day of the week. It is almost the weekend, time for some family fun...but Thursdays are fun for Mom. My town has Yard Sales on Thursday. Yep, you read that correctly. We have Yard Sales on Thursday! It is the best!

There were only a handful of sales today. I was bummed. However, I did find these:


I have been looking for some vintage suitcases, but I haven't found any I love for a price I loved. These, although not vintage, were only $1 for the pair! They are pretty rough looking, but I have plans for these guys.

Since there were only a few yard sales, I decided to check out a few of our "Treasure Shops." At my first stop I scored these:


The tiny little piece is a finial for a lamp in the kids room that has been missing one. I will need to paint it white, but it will be great.

This tree was $5.99. It is about 4 feet tall. The lights don't all work, but I wasn't really counting on them working. It is pretty heavy, which is great since I was planning on using it for a display at an art fair.


Just look at the details on this urn. It will be perfect when it is painted.


This is a terrible photo, but I have great plans for this milk glass candle holder. This will be under someones tree for Christmas...


These were a special treat for my little girl. They are a perfect match to a tea set my mom used to play with when she was a little girl...except these are "real" sized. Can you believe 8 cups and 8 plates were only $5.99?

My next stop was a fairly new shop. I found the frame I used for my Magnet Board Framethere. I was hoping to find another good frame and they didn't disappoint. Check out my finds:


This frame is huge! Yes, the picture is not good, but I'm not keeping it, so it doesn't matter. It was only $7...not bad for such a large piece. The lazy susan was $1 and is probably going to make a kids art caddy.


This Pottery Barn frame was only $0.50! I am going to make it into a Christmas ornament with a photo of my daughter when she was 1. She'll never know I found it when she was 8. She'll just know it is cute.


This ring was a real find for $2. I am always on the lookout for crown items since it is the logo of our town. I'm not sure how I will eventually use it, but maybe I will wear it for a little first.


I have been on the lookout for a new lamp for my bedroom. I have found several that I liked the shape of and planned to repaint, but they weren't turning on when I plugged them in. It could have been the light bulbs, but I wasn't willing to risk it. The shade on this one was horrible and just too small, but I might leave the base the color it is. $5.99 was a little more than I was hoping to pay, but I already have a great shade for it.


This shirt was $3.99, and I am going to chop it up and use the roses on the front. Despite the grayish color because of the flash, it is black and will be used on some Halloween pillows. I can't wait to chop it up!

That was it for the "treasures" today. I will be sure to keep you updated on their transformations.

I had to make a quick stop at JoAnn Fabrics for one of my upcoming projects. While I was there waiting in a stinking long line...yikes...I went to look at patterns to take up some time. They have McCall's patterns on sale for $1!


There are some pretty great Christmas ideas out there...you might want to go take a look and see what patterns you can score for $1. It's also not to late to whip up a fantastic Halloween costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I absolutely love to get comments! Drop me a note and let me hear what you think. Thanks. -Heidi